Healing the Joints, How healing can be improved?
Once that Prolotherapy is finished, what is next? It is true that your specialist have provide you with a list of recommendations and some of those things are not really recommendable. Here we are going to show you what you can do and what cannot do, in order to stimulate healing on the tendons once that prolo is finished.
Heling stimulation relays on many factors, below we are going to name the most importants.
- Physical Activity
What to do and not to do.
- Physical activity diminished completely.
- They feel that the pain is related to changes because of the age.
- They declined a lot of proper organism functions, their joints and tendons have less amount of water, so they have a lack of proteoglycan collagen proteins.
- The excessive weight increase the pressure to the joints mainly the spine ones also the ones on the hips and knees.
- The endocrine system secrete a variety of hormones that are needed for the joint strengthening, such as: testosterone cortisol and tiroxine. This system gets affected as it ages.
- Joints consists on water, proteoglycans and collagen (about 70% to 90% of the weight of the connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein on the human body).
- The synthesis of collagen requiere specific nutrients as: iron, copper, magnesium, zinc and various vitamins. Due to all of these, a balanced nutrition is indispensable for the improvement on the joints.
- Cortisol usually diminished it's production at night and the pineal gland (melatonin) increses.
- On chronic pain patients, cortisol does not dimished, because the body see's it as stress, thus the adrenal gland, that reacts to the stress, does it by producing more cortisol.
- The paper of exercise is to strenght the muscle tissue and not the joints. This is why when you work with a chronic pain patient, the result is just more pain. Therefore first we need to strengthen with Prolotherapy the ligaments and then start with physical therapy like: walking, swimming, and stationary bike.
Fortunately at PROLO VALLARTA we can check a lot of injuries that involve the joints and its recovery and healing.